League of Legends Competition Ruling
Player: Ilyas Hartsema / mouz enVision
Date of Ruling: 01.19.13
Subject: Suspension; Violations of Summoner¢s Code
Recently, a majority of players on the Tribunal voted to permanently ban the mouz envision (“enVision”) account of Ilyas Hartsema (“Hartsema”). After reviewing the case, the Riot player behavior team approved the ban.
The enVision account has been punished by Tribunal five times, including the recent permanent ban. This account has established an undeniable record of in-game harassment, abuse, and poor behavior.
- 70% of reports were for Offensive Language, Verbal Abuse, and Negative Attitude, with similar percentages across other known aliases.
- enVision has been reported in 29% of total matches, a rate 6X greater than the average EU player.
Hartsema's gameplay history is awash with violations:
- He previously received 18 punishments across multiple other accounts, resulting in two additional permanent bans.
- One previous account, shookl2, registered one of the highest harassment scores ever recorded.
- Another earlier account, JungleReject, received 436 reports in only 135 games.
Despite repeated punishments and official warnings across multiple accounts, Hartsema's inappropriate behavior has stubbornly continued, even as his team advanced into the upcoming League of Legends Championship Series (“LCS”) Season Three EU Qualifier.
The Summoner's Code
- In the past two months alone, the enVision account has been punished five times
- enVision's peak harassment score placed the account among the worst 0.06% of all European accounts this month.
establishes the standards of behavior for all League of Legends players.
Hartsema has consistently engaged in behavior which violates the letter and spirit of the Summoner's Code. His persistent tendency to engage in verbal abuse, insults and offensive behavior is unacceptable for any player, especially a high-profile eSports competitor who has a regular opportunity to lead the community by example.
Hartsema has violated the Summoner's Code in a systematic and unrepentant fashion.
- Ineligible to compete in the LCS Season Three European Qualifier in Warsaw, January 25-27, 2013.
- Ineligible to compete in the LCS for a period of one year; this suspension shall commence immediately.